Once again, I’ve been needing to re-evaluate my EDC gear. Lately, my bag has been a disaster, and have discovered a need for particular items. Using everyday-carry.com and the Reddit EDC forums for inspiration, here are some items on my wishlist.
1. Moleskine Notebook. I’ve always loved how versatile, iconic and minimal Moleskine notebooks are. I always have a reporter’s notepad in my bag for work, but in an effort to rekindle my love for personal journaling, I really need a good quality but small book to keep with me at all times.
2. Gal Spanish Lip Balm. Currently I have a lip balm tin in my bag that I love, but the label wore off and I don’t remember where it was from because my grandmother gave it to me. I like having a tin rather than a tube of lip balm because I can use the tins once they’re empty. Also, I think this tin is really pretty and provides a pop of color in my otherwise uniform EDC.
3. Kaufmann Mercantile EDC Tool Kit. I really like this little tool kit because it means I don’t need to carry these items separately. Plus the titanium finish is a nice touch. I just really love titanium.
4. Pilot Choose Gel Ink Pen. These kinds of pens used to be really popular when I was a kid (is that weird?) and I’ve always liked them because they write well, they feel nice and they look pretty.
5. Super Talent 16 GB USB Drive. For a while I’ve wanted an external hard drive so that I have my work and school files with me on all times, but I think a flash drive is much easier to transport and just as effective. I like how small this one is because I could keep it on my keychain.
6. Vintage Revival Crossbody. I’ve been in need of a good, sturdy but small bag for a while. I love Fossil bags for their quality and their style (although they are often far out of my price range). I did find one at Marshall’s last week with a huge discount… buuut I didn’t buy it because I was getting Christmas presents for my family. Sigh.
7. Fossil Georgia Leather Watch. Since I have a smartphone, I use it to check the time, but I think there’s something classy and timeless (no pun intended) about wearing a watch. I love this watch from Fossil (can you tell I love that brand?) because it’s a little rugged but it’s very easy to dress up or dress down.